Civil Engineering is considered to be the most versatile branch among all the engineering branches. It is the branch with a lot of diversity from geotechnical sciences to structural engineering, environmental to hydraulics, transportation to hydrology; Civil Engineering can be considered as a single largest branch among all the engineering branches.
The Department of Civil Engineering since its formation is committed to research and development in civil engineering. The vision of the department is to give an exposure to budding civil technocrats to various challenges in the profession.
To be a centre of excellence by putting every effort for improvement in education and undertaking research as well as to contribute to the technology for the infrastructure development leading to sustainable growth of the society
To provide quality education for successful career in Civil Engineering that emphasizes academic and technical excellence in profession, research, effective communication, team work and leadership to meet the challenges of the society.
Program Outcomes (PO)
Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
|PEO1: ||To train the students so that they can work and contribute to the infrastructure development projects being undertaken by Govt. to private sector companies.|
|PEO2: ||To train students to pursue higher studies and contribute to the teaching profession/ research and development of civil engineering and other fields.|
|PEO3: ||To train students to function effectively in the multicultural, multidisciplinary and multiethnic groups for the sustainable development and growth of civil engineering projects and profession.|
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- To train to plan, analyze, design, prepare, cost estimates and execute all kinds of Civil Engineering Projects.
- Apply modern construction techniques, equipments and management tools so as to complete the project within specified time and funds.
Teerthanandasagar published paper on “Utilization of Crumb Rubber in Construction of flexible pavement in “International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) Volume 5, Issue 4, November 2018.
Teerthanandasagar published paper on “Utilization of waste materials in flexible pavement construction in “International Research Journal of Engineeringand technology (IJERT) Volume 5,Issue 12,December 2018
- Vicat Needle apparatus
- Autoclave apparatus
- Lechatliers apparatus
- Blains Air Permeability Apparatus
- Aggregate Impact Apparatus
- Aggregate Crushing Apparatus
- Los Angles Apparatus
- Length and Thickness Gauge Apparatus
- Compaction Factor Apparatus
- Slump cone Apparatus
- Flexural Test Apparatus
- Vee Bee Consistometer Apparatus
- Flash and Fire Point Apparatus
- CBR Apparatus
- Tar Viscometer
- Marshal Stability Testing Apparatus
- Ductility Test
- Ring & Ball Apparatus
Lab Incharge: Sri. M.B. Murali krishna
Faculty Incharge: Mr. Praveen K.
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
- Impact of Jet Apparatus
- FlowmeasuringDevices(Orificemeter,Venturimeter,V/Rectangular Notch)
- HydraulicTurbineApparatus(PeltonWheel,FrancisTurbine, Kaplan Turbine)
- Hydraulic Pumps ( Centrifugal Pump, Reciprocating pump )
- Two Stage Reciprocation air Compressor test Rig
- Pipe Friction Apparatus
Staff Incharge:Sri. T D Govindappa
Faculty Incharge: Ms. Shilpa R.
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
- Direct shear test apparatus
- Triaxial shear test apparatus
- Hydrometer test
- Unconfined Compression test
- Permeability apparatus
- Compaction apparatus
- Shrinkage limit apparatus
- Liquid limit apparatus
- Consolidation apparatus
- Augers Apparatus
- Vane shear apparatues
- Digital sieve shaker
Staff Incharge:Sri. M.B. Murali krishna
Faculty Incharge: Mrs. M. Maneela
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
- Total Station
- Lab Incharge : Sri. D. Auron
- Faculty Incharge: Ms. Kavitha V.
- Basic Surveying Practice
- Hand level
- Plane table with accessories
- leveling staff
- Optical square
- Prismatic Compass
- Surveyor’s Compass
- Ceylon Ghat tracer
- Box sextant
- Dumpy level
Staff Incharge:Sri. D. Auron
Faculty Incharge: Ms. Kavitha V